Next-Gen Delivery Technologies for Precision Psychedelic & Pharmaceutical Dosing
What is a Psycheceutical™ Drug Delivery System?
Our technology is intended to deliver compounds across the blood-brain-barrier while bypassing the GI tract and liver, eliminating hallucinogenic effects and vastly reducing exposure to drug toxicities and side effects.
This long-awaited precision dosing technology is designed to allow for high bioavailability of compounds to target cells, increased cellular uptake, and immediate and sustained symptom relief.
Next-Generation Delivery Technologies
Psycheceutical in-licenses two patents for distinct next-generation drug delivery technologies
Systemic Delivery Solution With Janus Particles
The PsycheceuticalSM breakthrough systematic delivery system is designed to use extremely small multi-layered compounds, called Janus particles, to deliver targeted doses of any psychedelic compound directly through the blood-brain barrier, thereby bypassing the liver and reducing toxicity and side effects.
This patented manufacturing process was established following groundbreaking research at the University of Michigan by Professor Dr. Anish Tuteja, Psycheceutical’s Chief Science Officer. This technology is expected to target specific cells and deliver multiple medicines at the same time or in time-release, potentially making microdosing of psychedelics reliable and safe.
Patented Janus Particles Manufacturing
We believe that our patented manufacturing process will be able to deliver psychedelics and other complementary compounds at scale, in nearly any required size or shape, in a cost-effective and consistent process. The vision is that our Janus particles will be able to target specific cells and accurately deliver multiple medicines at the same time, or in a time-released manner.
Janus Particle Patented Manufacturing Technology Goals
- Excellent product stability to provide long shelf life in a wide range of temperature storage conditions.
- Multi-layered particles to enable delivery of multiple actives from a single dose, at the same time or in time-release.
- Ability to deliver compounds across the blood-brain barrier, providing a new method for direct delivery of actives directly into the brain.
- Ability to adapt to oral, mucosal, topical, and parenteral administration provides flexibility in choice of finished dosage formulations.
NeuroDirect™ Topical Delivery System for Targeted Neural Tissue Dosing
The PsycheceuticalSM patented NeuroDirect™ non-systemic delivery technology is designed to deliver neuro-active compounds directly into the nerve tissue via topical application at the back of the neck. This delivery system is intended to enable immediate and sustained delivery, safe dosage control, and consistent results, while avoiding the GI tract and any unwanted side effects and toxicity.
We believe this technology will enable patients to receive medication in a way that reduces or mitigates entirely the systemic side effects of psychedelic compounds, such as hallucinations, nausea, and toxicity, potentially opening a new world to mental health treatment.
NeuroDirect™ Patented Delivery Technology
The process we are targeting is:
- Apply through a topical compound at the back of the neck at the hairline
- Penetrate the peripheral nerve endings that travel along the spinal cord, to provide a direct avenue to neural tissue within the brain
- Nerve endings travel along the spinal cord
- Bypass the blood-brain barrier
- Facilitate quick response time while avoiding unwanted side effects
NeuroDirect™ Patented Delivery Technology Goals
- Delivery to introduce neuro-affective agents directly into nerve tissue, designed to result in much lower dosing and excreted components.
- Follow nerve pathways to the target tissue to allow for smaller doses, improved efficacy of the active compound, and immediate action in minutes.
- Produce rapid symptom reductio (The NeuroDirect™ delivery has shown to produce symptom reduction in as little as 10-15 minutes*).
- Minimize significant adverse reactions (The NeuroDirect™ lower dosage delivery has shown symptom reduction without significant adverse reactions*).
- Reduce or mitigate entirely the systemic side effects of psychedelic compounds, such as hallucinations, nausea, and toxicity, opening an entire new approach to neuro-therapeutics.
- Limit undesired non-targeted distribution throughout the body, vastly reducing exposure to drug toxicities and side effects.
*Data from a non-GCP observational study to be used solely as support for future drug approval. Complete efficacy/safety will be fully delineated in GCP pivotal clinical trials.