The NeuroDirect™ Topical Delivery System for Targeted Neural Tissue Dosing
Psycheceutical's patented NeuroDirect™ non-systemic delivery technology is designed to deliver neuro-active compounds directly into the nerve tissue via topical application at the back of the neck. This delivery system is intended to enable immediate and sustained delivery, safe dosage control, and consistent results, while avoiding the GI tract and any unwanted side effects and toxicity.
We believe this technology will enable patients to receive medication in a way that reduces or mitigates entirely the systemic side effects of psychedelic compounds, such as hallucinations, nausea, and toxicity, potentially opening a new world to mental health treatment.
NeuroDirect™ Non-Systemic Drug Delivery Technology
The process we are targeting is:
- Apply through a topical compound at the back of the neck at the hairline
- Penetrate the peripheral nerve endings that travel along the spinal cord, to provide a direct avenue to neural tissue within the brain
- Nerve endings travel along the spinal cord
- Bypass the blood-brain barrier
- Facilitate quick response time while avoiding unwanted side effects
NeuroDirect™ Non-Systemic Drug Delivery Technology Goals
- Minimize significant adverse reactions (The NeuroDirect™ lower dosage delivery has shown symptom reduction without significant adverse reactions*).
- Reduce or mitigate entirely the systemic side effects of psychedelic compounds, such as hallucinations, nausea, and toxicity, opening an entire new approach to neuro-therapeutics.
- Limit undesired non-targeted distribution throughout the body, vastly reducing exposure to drug toxicities and side effects.
*Data from a non-GCP observational study to be used solely as support for future drug approval. Complete efficacy/safety will be fully delineated in GCP pivotal clinical trials.